Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Teaser Tuesday

What I decided to share... was written a while back... and is unedited. :-) You may find a slightly altered version later on in my current work in progress. I always get a little nervous when I share something. Have a great Tuesday!!! Don't forget to check out my critique partner's blog as well! Later today she may have her own teaser up as well!!!

My awesome crit partner! Krystal Shannan



Fear jolted through my chest, reverberating rapidly through the rest of my body as my back thumped unexpectedly against the door.
Why was it closed?
 My breathing quickened as he continued his slow stalk towards me.
“Please, stop.” I whispered my plea, holding my hand out. My eyes widened, a lazy smile lifted the corners of his mouth as his body made sudden contact with mine. He had taken my outstretched hand, his large fingers twisting easily through mine as I became suddenly aware of his body pressing against mine, pinning me between him and the door. “Please, stop.” I whispered again feeling my body betray me as a sharp burn started low in my body. It had been months, no, longer, years, since a man had been so close to me.
His lips were surprisingly warm as they touched my own. I whimpered as his hand gently wrapped around my right hip, sending a fresh streak of lightning heat through the center of my body. He stiffened as he caught the scent of my sudden arousal, tinted heavily with fear. A low growl erupted from his throat as his kiss deepened, his tongue sliding artfully across mine, his teeth nipping carefully at my bottom lip as he pulled me more tightly against him. I could feel his own arousal, hot and ready through the jeans he wore and my center quickly moistened, eager to grant him access.
It was only when his teeth pressed gently against the side of my neck that my blood ran instantly to ice.
“No!” I screamed, fear winning over the arousal my body had been so eager to betray me with as I shoved against him. It was like trying to push a stone mountain.
Wrenching my hand free I swung.
His eyes flashed suddenly with anger as his tongue snaked out to touch the blood at the corner of his mouth. I had caught him by surprise or he would have blocked my blow.
“You don’t care about me,” My voice shook, “you’re just after me for a blood meal.”
He watched me carefully with his dark, predatory eyes for several moments. Before I knew what had happened, he had my hands, my body, pinned and my chin was angled, exposing my neck. Leaning in, he inhaled, slowly, never taking his eyes away from mine. Fear screamed through my body and I fought desperately to hold myself together. I continued to struggle, despite the vice like grip that held me immobile against the door. Damn closed door!
“If I didn’t care,” his voice was cold, “I couldn’t do this.” He was emotionless as he loosened his hold and stepped back, the hunger bleeding from his eyes.
And he was gone.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting excerpt, April. Have you finished the rest of the story yet?

    Janice~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser, I want to read more.
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone! No, this was... more like an exercise I did for myself... and will get written into the current WIP I'm writing. :-)

    ReplyDelete