Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Teaser Tuesday

Most Tuesday mornings... I have no idea what I'm going to post for that days teaser. It's a rare Tuesday when I've planned ahead! At some, I probably need to remedy this....

So as I was scrolling through my pieces... I found the PERFECT one for today. It's short but I love it and I hope you do too!

Don't forget to check out Krystal Shannan's  Tuesday teaser as well!!!!!!


    Feeling the fur brush against her leg, she reached down and touched the head of the wolf as her sharp eyes watched the people outside the house. There was a soft growl as the two people embraced, and she laughed softly. “That’s her brother.” She nudged the wolf gently. “You should come tonight and meet her.” A low hmmpff was her answer as a howl cut through the air. The two in front of the house turned towards the trees where she stood motionless with the black furred wolf. Neither feared they would be seen, standing in the lengthening shadows of trees. The hunt comes first he told her as he turned towards the thickening forest up the mountain. She nodded as the wolf slipped away.
    She felt the magic snap around her as twilight shifted rapidly to full night and she caught the odor on the breeze. Death was moving across the mountain. One of her cousins howled and she smiled. He had caught the scent as well.

3 comments:

  1. Another good excerpt. I enjoyed the read. :)

    Janice~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why, but I love it when the shapeshifting wolves express their displeasure. It always makes me laugh. Great excerpt... now, where's the rest... hmmmm?

    ReplyDelete