Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Teaser Tuesday

Happy Tuesday!

I dropped down onto my cheap office chair this morning, fired up the pc and opened up a blank new post page. Then, I tried to step back and look at where I am, right now, with my writing. 

I forgot that I was sitting and flipped the chair over. Never fear! I am unharmed! There was, however, a lot of giggling from behind me. 

Rotten child. 

I began to focus on writing well over a year ago. I put my ass in the chair and started to write. I took a couple of online writing classes, finished a couple of pieces... submitted a couple of times... got rejected a couple of times.... 

And find myself exactly where I was when I started so many months ago. No where. 

It's depressing. I'm battling a lot of self-doubt these days. Once my teaser is posted for today I must make the rounds of submitting employment applications .... again. (Being rejected for every job I've applied to brings its own challenges).

Now I don't post about my insecurities to make you feel sorry for me. Of course, prayers are always appreciated... 

No, I say this because sometimes, I need to get it off my chest. Know that someone is aware of my struggle... know that I'm not alone.

And then, I can get back to being positive... slowly plodding along.... and offering a little tease for your reading pleasure.... 


Lanie took a deep breath. The smells of books, new and old, filled her nostrils. The aroma comforted her. She gently closed the book. A smile tugged on her lips. The story of Samael and A’turah had been her favorite part of the book the write. It had also been the hardest. She’d felt a deep connection with A’turah. The young woman who’d bargained with Death for an extra year of life.
Only to fall in love and leave more behind.
She lifted her eyes to the crowd. Their silence sent a shiver up her spine. They seemed to stare at her without breathing.

2 comments:

  1. It's a long road, but you are not alone! Hugs! ....Love that spot in the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been there too and have a thick file full of rejection notes. My husband told me to burn then and try again. I did and something happened, I found myself writing something completely different. A romance story. I've written romance ever since and haven't looked back. My depute book was published in 2010.

    Janice~

    ReplyDelete