Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tuesday Teaser

Happy Tuesday!!!! 

How was your holiday? It was quiet in the London household... the silence only broken by the screams of the oldest children when the youngest London child decided to wallop them over the head with something. 

Ah... the joy of siblings.

Needless to say, I was more than happy to send the children back to school this morning after a long weekend. And the youngest skipped merrily off to Gma London's for a couple of hours.
 
With my caffeine in hand and after much thought... I've decided to try and return to my Tuesday Teasers... consistency is important, right?  Especially when it's the only thing I do on my blog... I need to remedy that too... *taps chin* 

Today's teaser comes to you from a current WIP that I'm calling... A Vampire for Christmas

So, without further delay... happy reading! 



 
Cold December air wrapped around her ankles and swirled under her long black skirt. Lanie Hunter shivered and hurried across the wet pavement, cursing her decision to wear a skirt on what became the coldest day of the season. Blinking wreaths decorated the lamp posts of Main Street in Tanner. Lanie slowed to enjoy them, a smile tugged at the corner of her mouth. The bright colored lights were her favorite part of the otherwise hectic holiday.  
A horn blared and she glanced over to see an angry driver waiting for her to move from the middle of the road. In the fading evening light, he flipped her off from behind the wheel. The tic tic of her heeled shoes against the road came to a stop. Her jaw clenched and she narrowed her eyes at the driver.



 

5 comments:

  1. This brings back fond memories April. I to would show my siblings the same love. : ) It was never a dull moment in a house with six kids. I love your little teaser there. Makes me wonder who was the driver. An old flame, or just a grumpy old man.
    Great post.
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser, April! Good luck with all your WIPs! Can't wait to read more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo somebody's in trouble...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this when I critiqued it a while back.

    Great post.

    Janice~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone!! :-) I am ALMOST done with this piece... if my fat little fingers would only write faster!!!

    ReplyDelete